Physical and Chemical Properties:
|Appearance ||Colorless liquid |
|Odor ||Sweet Odor threshold |
|Boiling Point ||196-225 °C |
|Flash point ||100°C |
|Specific Gravity ||1.092 at 20°C |
|Vapor Pressure ||0.2 mm Hg at 20°C |
|Purity ||0.99 |
Dibasic esters are used in paints, paint strippers, coatings, plasticisers, resins, binders, solvents, polyols, soil stabilization, chemical grouting, oilfield drilling fluids, crop protection products, and adhesives.
- In chemistry, a dibasic ester or DBE is an ester of a dicarboxylic acid. Depending on the application, the may be methanol or higher molecular weight.
- Mixtures of different methyl dibasic esters are commercially produced from short-chain acids such as adipic acid, glutaric acid, and succinic acid. They are non-flammable, readily biodegradable, non-corrosive, and have a mild, fruity odour.
- Dibasic esters of phthalates, adipates, and azelates with C8 - C10have found commercial use as lubricants, spin finishes, and additives.
- Store in a segregated and approved area. Keep container in a cool, well-ventilated area. Keep container tightly closed and sealed until ready for use. Avoid all possible sources of ignition(spark or flame).
- Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not ingest. Do not breathe gas/fumes/ vapor/spray. Wear suitable protective clothing. In case of insufficient ventilation, wear suitable respiratory equipment.
- If ingested, seek medical advice immediately and show the container or the label. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Keep away from incompatibles such as oxidizing agents.