- HDO® 1, 6-Hexanediol is widely used in the manufacture of polyesterols. It may also be used as a chain extender. As a general rule, the polyesterols are adipates.
- Azelates and sebacates are of importance. Carbonates play a minor role, but have significant growth potential. In general, 1, 6-Hexanediol is used as a flexibilizing agent.
- HDO® 1, 6-Hexanediol is used as an intermediate in the production of the bifunctional Hexanediol diacrylate. This monomer finds its application in conjunction with other acrylic monomers as a reactive diluent for use in radiation curable systems for printing inks and decorative coatings.
- For adhesive applications, co-terephthalates and urethanes based on HDO® 1, 6-Hexanediol provides faster crystallization and better tack properties. A relatively low glass transition temperature results in high flexibility and excellent adhesive properties even at very low temperatures.
- As a flexible building block, 1,6-Hexanediol is incorporated into the production of various other components used as polymeric thickeners, plasticizers for polyvinyl chloride, sizing agents, surfactants, dyestuffs and pesticides.